Do you worry that your breath is not fresh? Are you conscious that your friends and family may be aware of it? You can do something about bad breath. Don't feel embarrassed to discuss this with your dentist or hygienist.
Bad breath is very common. The main cause of bad breath is inadequate oral hygiene or some level of gum disease. Bad breath can be eliminated by regular trips to the hygienist to ensure plaque and tartar is removed from your teeth so your gums stay healthy. The hygienist will also show you a good, daily oral hygiene regime to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy and your breath nice and fresh. They will also help you with specific dental hygiene needs if you have, for example, a bridge, denture, orthodontic braces or a dental implant. This will give you the fresh breath and confidence you want to go about your daily life.Other causes of bad breath include:
- Chronic bad breath usually has an underlying medical cause such as throat, nose or lung infections and sinusitis, bronchitis, gastrointestinal conditions or diabetes
- Even with regular brushing and flossing, bacteria and bits of food can get trapped in between your teeth, which release an unpleasant odour after some time
- Consuming strong, odorous foods like garlic, onions and coffee
If you are aware that your breath is not as fresh as you would like it to be, make an appointment with the hygienist for some advice and assistance.If you have any questions about this particular treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us at the practice by calling 020 8651 0444 or emailing email@example.com. Alternatively, please fill out the Ask the Experts form at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Indicates good oral health and clean teeth
- Fresh breath gives you confidence in social situations
- Healthy gums