Have you chipped or broken a tooth or you in pain? If you require emergency dental treatment, you should try to see a dentist as soon as possible. At our practice, we offer appointments for all dental emergencies including toothaches, broken crowns, chipped teeth, fillings, abscesses, trauma, avulsed teeth, and facial swelling. We are a very busy practice and our treatment spaces are booked days ahead. We allow a dedicated time in each day to see patients who need emergency treatment.
Please call the surgery at 9 am or as soon as possible in the morning to avail this service.
We also provide an out-of-hours emergency telephone number:
Croydent - 020 3402 1333
Mon-Fri 5.00pm - 10.00pm
Weekends and Bank Holidays 8.30am - 10pm
NHS - 111
Available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
Here are some of the steps an emergency dental appointment will involve.
- A thorough examination of the injured area will be undertaken. This may include dental x-rays to determine the extent of the damage
- Depending on the severity of the pain, the area will be numbed with local anesthetic
- The damaged teeth will be restored temporarily or permanently, depending on the case
- In severe cases, the affected tooth may require extraction and implant treatment will be discussed
- Preservation of remaining tooth structure
- Reduced risk of infection
- Improved long-term oral health overall