If you have loose or ill-fitting dentures, your ability to eat and speak may be affected. Due to advances in dentistry, there is now a procedure where your denture can be fixed to your jaw with dental implants. This treatment, known as implant overdentures or denture stabilisation, offers patients with dentures a more permanent solution and can improve quality of life significantly. You will be able to enjoy your favourite foods again and feel comfortable smiling, safe in the knowledge that your dentures are staying put.
- You will require surgery to have the implants placed into your jaw
- Once the implants have integrated with the bone and surrounding tissues for a period of time, your dentures are placed on top of the implants using a range of special fixtures. This means your dentures can still be removed for cleaning, but will stay put otherwise
- Experience less irritation to your gums caused by dentures
- You can eat, chew and bite without your dentures falling out or having to stick to a soft food diet for the rest of your life
- Enjoy a natural looking smile and improved confidence in public